Week 2 in the NFL had a lot of teams settling into their offensive and defensive game plans for the season, while some Bucs players hadn’t played competitive football for 32 days. Weird! Didn’t matter. Bears are horrible.
Tom Brady is by far Week 2’s Standout Star going into Monday night (even with Crabtree’s hat trick)… ENTER “ANGRY TOM” NARRATIVE HERE (30-39, 447 yards, 3 TDs).
Historic game in Los Angeles as Antonio Gates caught his 112th TD, passing Tony Gonzalez for 1st all-time in TD receptions by a tight end; also kudos to LT, the latest addition to the NFL Hall of Fame. Speaking of the WEST coast, the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos made a statement this weekend. The shootout on Sunday Night Football turned into a one-sided affair thanks to a rejuvenated ATL defense, as the Pack were merely firing blanks.
Or you can be this buffoon:
— UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) September 15, 2017
After a strong Week 1 performance, QB Deshone Kizer played like he was on a binder the night before with Donovan McNabb!” It’s obvious the rookie is going to have growing pains only being 21 years of age (two turnovers Sunday before getting pulled/going down with injury & 1 INT upon his return), but T-Sizzle and the rest of the Ravens D had a little something to do with this, and thus are a legit DST to throw out there on a weekly basis (only $4,700 on FD this past week)!
Week 2 Key Injuries:
Greg Olsen (broken right foot): Olsen did not return after exiting in the 2nd quarter despite initial probable designation to return. Injury proved more severe than bruise or twist, “I broke my foot,” Olsen admitted in a post-game press conference. “It’s tough. It sucks.” Non-contact injuries are never good!
Prognosis: Prior to Olsen’s declaration, head coach Ron Rivera said the tight end will undergo an evaluation Monday with Dr. Robert Anderson to determine the extent of the ailment, per David Newton of ESPN.com. He is likely out 6-8 weeks according to report.
Fantasy Impact: With the knowledge of a broken foot, Ed Dickson assumes top TE duties. Go see if David Njoku or O.J. Howard are available on your waiver wire, otherwise lay claim on Dickson.
Other Injury News:
- Sam Bradford (INA; knee): HC coach Mike Zimmer said “[Bradford] is fine. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he’s fine.” GREAT!
- Rob Gronkowski (groin): Gronk had six catches for 116 yards and a TD before leaving the game late in the third quarter and did not return.
- Jordy Nelson (quad): Left SNF early in the 1st quarter and was visibly in pain after running a curl route on the Packers’ 2nd possession (did not return). An update to Nelson’s status for this Sunday’s game at home versus Cincinnati will be made to the public this Wednesday afternoon.
- Rob Kelley (rib) did not return vs. Rams; 12 rush attempts, 78 yards before departure.
- T.J. Watt (groin injury): Did not return vs. Vikings
- Kwon Alexander suffered a hamstring injury in Sunday’s game against the Bears and did not return.
- Deshone Kizer (migraine): Seriously bro?
NOTABLE ROOKIE PERFORMANCES
- Kareem Hunt again… rushed for 81 yards on 13 rushing attempts with 2 TDs (including a 53-yard TD run & a very creative “reach-around” for his 2nd) and tossed in three catches for 28 yards!
- Dalvin Cook: 12 ATT, 64 YDS and 2 REC, but had a 26-yard TD taken off the board with his knee narrowly down at the one.
- Leonard Fournette: 14-40-1, 61 APY
Detroit Lions @ New York Giants (MetLife Stadium, 8:30 EST): Will he or won’t he? The story of this game will be whether or not Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle) dresses for tonight’s contest. If the ankle is not in risk for reinjury, the “Wee-Men” would be better suited to have him on the field to serve as a decoy… “DECOYS!” If he starts, this means he is 100% healthy and is startable in league play, but not worth the risk for DSF. The other story of this game is the league’s highest-paid player in NFL history vs. the Giants #5 defense. Stafford won’t be able to hit his WRs from his posterior; Damon “Snacks” Harrison and JPP looked awesome last week vs. the Cowboys, and bound to make Stafford’s night very difficult. Theo Riddick will need to step up in the passing game.
Giants win 20-17
- Fantasy Projections: If OBJ starts, play Brandon Marshall tonight as he will be guarded by 5′ 9″ Nevin Lawson… Marshall is 6′ 4″… you do the math. Golden Tate, Theo Riddick and rookie Kenny Golladay (BabyTron?) are in play for all Mon-Thu DFS formats and PPR leagues.